It is our policy to provide visitation for inmates incarcerated in the Redburn County Detention Facility. All inmate visits are non-contact.
During the booking process, an inmate must give visitor information to the booking clerk/deputy. Each inmate is allowed to have four names (adults only) listed on the list.
Jail Visitation Schedule
- Monday = D-1 Wing (Adults), 2 – 4 p.m./7 – 9 p.m.
- Tuesday = D-2 Wing (Adults), 2 – 4 p.m./7 – 9 p.m.
- Wednesday = Female Inmates, 2 -4 p.m./7 – 9 p.m.
- Thursday = G-Wing, 2 – 4 p.m/7 – 9 p.m.
- Friday = B Wing, 2 – 4 p.m./7 – 9 p.m.
- Saturday = H Wing, 7 – 9 p.m.
- Saturday = Juvenile Inmates, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Sunday = A Wing, Confinement and Medical, 7 – 9 p.m.
*All visitors must arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled visitation time for check in.
- Any visitor 18 years of age or older is considered an adult.
- Any changes to the visitors list can be made by submitting an inmate request form made to the attention of a detention deputy.
- It is the responsibility of the inmate to contact those persons listed as visitors and advise them that only they will be allowed to visit or about any changes to the list.
- Attorneys and clergy members are not required to be listed on the visitor’s card.
- Falsifying information on the visitors’ list or visitors falsely identifying themselves to be the person on the list, may cause the inmate to lose his/her visiting privileges, either temporarily or permanently.
- Visiting days and times shall be posted in the visitor lobby and cell blocks.
- It is the responsibility of each inmate to notify prospective visitors to be here 30 minutes prior to visitation, as well as the rules pertaining to visitation.
- Visitors should only bring their car keys and a photo identification card. No other materials are allowed to be taken upstairs.
- Visitors must register and provide proper identification which includes a recent photograph. (D.L., I.D. Card, Military I.D., etc.)
- Each visitor will be searched before entering the visitation area.
- Visitors impaired by alcoholic beverage or drugs will not be allowed to visit and could be subject to arrest.
- A visitor may visit only the inmate on whose visitor list his/her name appears.
- Each inmate will be permitted two hours of visitation per week with one adult visitor each time, space permitting.
- Anyone attempting to visit more than two hours a week will be suspended from visitation for 30 days.
- Inmates must submit to certain restraints such as handcuffs, leg irons, waist chains, etc. in order to have a visit. The type of restraints used will be determined by the supervisor on duty.
Visitors’ Dress Code
- Visitors must be properly dressed before they will be allowed to visit. Clothing that is torn or purposely altered from its original manufactured design shall not be permitted for wear during visitation.
- Male visitors must be attired in shirt, trousers and shoes. Mid-thigh or longer shorts are authorized wear. No cut-offs or spandex shorts will be permitted in the jail facility. Tank tops are not allowed. T-shirts with offensive slogans or artwork are not permitted.
- Female visitors must be attired in conservative clothing and shoes. Mid-thigh or longer shorts, dresses with length below the knee are authorized wear. No cut-offs or spandex shorts, bathing suits, halter tops, camisoles, tank tops or any other top that shows cleavage are permitted inside the facility.
Property and Money
No property or money may be directly transferred between the inmate and the visitor. There is a kiosk in the lobby of the Redburn County Jail that visitors may use to deposit funds into inmate accounts. Lobby hours are 7 a.m. until 10 p.m., Monday through Friday. There are also services available that allow deposit of funds into an inmate account over the phone or via the internet.
- Interface Payment Service (000) 000-0000
- Open 24 hours a day
- Pay location code for the Redburn County Jail – #0000
- You will need to know the inmate’s name, inmate number and facility code (000 for the Clay County Jail).
- Minimum deposit – $25; Maximum deposit – $100
- Five percent service fee applied to any deposit
Termination of Visits
No visitor will bring any type of tobacco product, matches or lighters into the visitor’s reception area on the first floor of the jail. Anyone who violates this regulation faces the possibility of having his/her visitation cancelled for that day and potentially revoked permanently if a repeat offender. The detention deputy supervising visitation or higher authority may terminate a visit if a rule violation, misconduct or emergency situation warrants such action. Violators of visitation rules are subject to permanent loss of visitation privileges.
Exceptions to Visitation Rules
Attorneys, clergymen and military command visits are not restricted to the hours of visitation. Inmates hospitalized in community facilities (i.e., local hospitals) will not be allowed to receive visitors except as approved by the detention department director. The visitors must call the jail and make an appointment to visit or the officer watching the inmate at the hospital will not allow the visit. Federal prisoners held in the Redburn County Jail shall be allowed visitation only when authorized by the arresting federal agency. The watch supervisor has the authority to authorize special visits. Specifically, if the visitor had to travel a long distance, the supervisor may make an exception if proof of distance traveled is presented (i.e., plane ticket, bus ticket or a driver’s license showing the visitor’s residence is outside the immediate area).
Visitation for High Risk Inmates
High risk inmates are those demonstrating the potential to escape, have violent tendencies, have mental/behavioral problems and those confined to medical isolation. Inmates charged with violent crimes are considered high risk. Prior to a high risk inmate receiving a visitor the detention deputy shall notify the shift supervisor who will determine what measures may be needed to properly conduct the visit.